The Market & Competitive Intelligence Research Analyst will be primarily responsible for conducting and analyzing market research and competitive intelligence/trends to inform the business leaders. In this role, you will facilitate and manage market research related activities that will help us connect customer needs with the development and enhancements of our product offering.
Reporting to the SVP of Commercial Proposition you will be at the forefront of informing the business of key dynamics and trends that will help you to drive innovation and competitive advantages that will ultimately drive commercial and strategic objectives.
· Conduct research and perform analysis to identify key insights and trends that could impact or create opportunities for commercial propositions.
· Establish relationships with marketing teams and key stakeholders from various internal departments to understand business processes and strategy, help identify research opportunities, define research objectives, and support understanding and application of research findings.
· Identify and define market research objectives, recommend appropriate research methodologies, and prepare plans for analyses.
· Assist in the development of multi-regional Customer Advisory Panel; ongoing day-to-day management of planning and execution of activities.
· Work with cross-functional teams to synthesize internal data into actionable insights and recommendations.
· Manage day-to-day activities of project implementation, data collection, and analysis of internal research programs.
· Produce and monitor monthly/quarterly reports that summarize findings into meaningful, actionable analysis for distribution to marketing, product and commercial stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Maintain all market and competitive materials in a well-organized repository.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
· 2-3 years of experience conducting market research and research on competitive trends.
· Background in finance, research or strategy is essential - industry knowledge of Financial Services is a strong plus.
· Experience in the Financial Services industry is a strong plus.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with proven quantitative research experience.
· Problem solver with a curious mind who consistently asks questions and dives deeper.
· Ability to convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs and written reports.
· Proactive self-starter who is able to motivate themselves to achieve research and analysis in the required timelines.
· Excellent communication and persuasion skills in both presentations and written documents.
· Adaptability is vital to manage the range and breadth of responsibilities that the strategy department assumes.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
· Strong collaboration ability to work with different departments, regions and cultures.
· Experience with MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
· BS degree in Marketing is preferred or equivalent work experience.