Please note, a Bachelor's Degree is required.
The Pharmacy Informaticist is responsible for the design, development, implementation, evaluation and successful adoption of medication delivery systems across the organization. Working with pharmacy and IT staff, ensures medication delivery systems meet the organization's clinical and patient safety needs. Implements improvement measures and patient safety enhancements to medication delivery systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
· Collaborates with information technology, pharmacy and clinical leaders to develop and utilize technology to ensure safe and proper patient dosing.
· Oversees maintenance, testing, and updating dictionaries, drug libraries, and functionalities that support medication delivery.
· Serves as the liaison between the pharmacy team, IT Team and clinical leadership.
· Optimizes medication delivery application usage and workflow efficiency.
· Coordinates Powerplan content to ensure standardization and consistency with current evidence based practice.
· Participates in activities to ensure medication delivery systems are in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
· Works with multidisciplinary teams to optimize medication delivery clinical systems through standardization, change management and ongoing support, in an effort to continuously promote improved quality of care and gain efficiencies through the use of technology.
· Serves as a resource for leadership in the advancement of medication delivery automation and technology.
· Participates on committees and with project teams to provide expertise related to medication delivery systems, processes, and technology.
· Troubleshoots issues, solves end user problems, re-configures, enhances and optimizes applications.
· Participates in ongoing support and maintenance of existing systems and applications.
· Creates and maintains detailed technical documentation in regards to enterprise systems and applications.
· Participates in Disaster Recovery planning, implementation, and testing.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in pharmacy or related field.
· Licensed pharmacist in the State of Florida or eligible for pharmacist license in the State of Florida within 90 days of hire is required.
· Minimum 3 years of experience as a pharmacist required. Five or more years of experience as a pharmacist preferred.
· Two years of experience with
o Cerner PharmNet, BD Alaris, and other pharmacy I.T. solutions preferred.
o Multum Drug Library
o Cerner Omnicell
· Experience with information technology optimization.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
· Accurate with good attention to detail.
· Ability to work under own initiative / self-motivated.
· Dexterity to learn new systems and programs rapidly.
· Must keep current on industry trends.
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Visio).
· Proficient in leading Webex meetings.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.