New position with Robinson Key! We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer who also has a Systems background to include experience with VMWare and Storage.
This is a full time, permanent position with one of the Most Recognizable names in the Southeast offering:
Network / Systems Engineer
The Network / Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, installing, configuring, analyzing, and maintaining the organization’s local and wide area networks, servers, systems, storage, firewalls, messaging infrastructure, and subsystems.
This individual also oversees the network/server infrastructure and provides direction and instruction to technicians relating to network installation and configuration.
This individual serves as resource in the Network Operations Center for supporting project workload requested by departments within Information Technology.
· Designs and manages the LAN, WAN, and wireless networks for both corporate and retail sites.
· Configures, manages and provides technical support for the virtual environment, including hosts, operating systems and storage.
· Configures, manages and provides technical support for the firewalls, IPS, and other security systems.
· Installs, supports, and maintains hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices.
· Designs, implements, and maintains virtual systems in VMWare virtual environments.
· Implements and maintains the physical infrastructure underpinning the virtual environments.
· Administers aspects of Microsoft Active Directory, especially effective use of security groups and group policy objects to support desired outcomes for various projects and support requests.
· Installs and configures client and server network software, and performs software upgrades as needed.
· Oversees the administration of systems and servers related to the network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
· Ensures the availability, continuity, and security of data and information related to the organization.
· Performs routine preventative maintenance on network hardware and software applications.
· Troubleshoots malfunctions of network applications, telephones, and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
· Implements the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
· Responds to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and provides technical assistance and support in a timely manner.
60% of the time will be spent on routing, switching, firewall admin (Check Point and Sonic Wall), IP telephony, voice routing.
o VLAN (virtual local area network) - how a switch works to get to a VLAN
o Work with routing protocols – global vs. industry and on our clients own
§ Evaluate and make changes where applicable
§ OSPF, BGP – what they use
§ VPN – IP SEC (virtual private network)
o Network authorization and authentication schemes – NAC (network access control)
§ Setting up new firewalls from scratch
§ Scripting out changes – replicable changes – knowing how can it be done 700+ times and quickly
o IP telephony - first level support, communicate with vendors to drive resolution
§ Take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution
§ Cisco experience (preferred)
40% of the time will be spent on VMWare (5.5 and newer), Storage, and Windows Administration
§ Storage: Nutanix, Nimble, Net App
· Five or more years (5 years) of experience as a Network Engineer are required.
· 5+ years of extensive experience with Routing and Switching is required.
· Experience working with routing protocols and VPN’s
· Experience with Firewall Administration (Experience with Check Point, Cisco ASA, Fire Power and Sonic Wall – you must have experience with at least one of them, but experience with 2 of them is preferred).
· Knowledge of and experience with network operations, hardware, virtualization, and security.
· Experience with virtual infrastructure, particularly VMWare 5 and above, is preferred
· Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining enterprise Storage systems on different platforms: i.e. Nutanix, Nimble, Net App (Nimble is a plus, others are nice to have’s)
· Experience working in a PCI Compliance environment is a plus
· CCNA – Cisco Certified Network is required
· MCSE – preferred
· Technical certifications (Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, NetApp) are a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred
· Flexible Hours between 7AM – 7PM
· On call rotation:
§ 1 week every 8-9 weeks, 24/7
§ 1-5 calls a week on average; In-house escalation calls from NOC Techs
· Up to 10% travel may be required, but not likely.