Robinson Key has been contracted by a leading hospital system undergoing a technology transformation to fill the role of Application Analyst, Ambulatory. Join a HIMSS Stage 7 healthcare system with a highly-optimized tech infrastructure including a Cerner Smart Room. The IT team is also building a new highly collaborative office space designed with innovation in mind.
Application Analyst, Clinical
• Ensures clinical and technical standards are utilized.
• Serves as an escalation point for upgrades and services for reports issues or for assigned projects.
• Focuses on configuring clinical applications, both inpatient and outpatient, to meet the requirement of clinical departments while maintaining and promoting organizational standards.
• Collaborates with clinicians and end users of the system to design, build, test, train, implement, evaluate, and provide maintenance to clinical systems.
• Analyze reports to identify operational issues throughout all departments. Design, develop, implement and maintain business solutions and recommendations to improve efficiency.
• Specialty specifics:
• 1 year of experience required. Prefer 3 or more years of experience in Cerner PowerChart Ambulatory.
• Prefer experience with Dynamic Documentation, PowerNote, PowerPlan, orders build and Message Center.
• Provide outstanding customer service to our clients, and maintain positive relationships with other employees and contractors.
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment, while displaying a problem solving orientation to issues on a daily basis.
• Troubleshoot identified issues, solve end user problems, enhance and optimize applications.
• Particulate in ongoing support and maintenance of existing systems and applications. Perform after-hours maintenance as required.
• Create and maintain detailed technical documentation in regards to enterprise systems and applications.
• Provides on-call coverage as deemed appropriate by management.
• Flexible to complete any assigned task.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new procedures, processes, technology and applications.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Exhibit strong communication skills by pro-actively responding to telephone calls, email, in-person, and automated requests for technical support.
• Identify and escalate production-critical issues to appropriate IT personnel.
• Use ticketing system to log and monitor tickets.
• Participates in projects as deemed appropriate by management.
• Evaluates and corrects issues involving configuration of applications.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, or related field.
• 1 year of experience required. Prefer 3 or more years of experience.
• Candidates can work remotely from home and travel as needed. Relocation is offered (if desired) but is not required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
• Accurate with good attention to detail.
• Ability to work under own initiative / self-motivated.
• Experience working in a large cross-functional team environment.
• Experience with information technology optimization.
• Dexterity to learn new systems and programs rapidly.
• Must have working knowledge of the industry. This includes but is not limited to configuration management principle and practices, software development lifecycle, and application security practices.
• Must have working knowledge of a within the specific department.
• Must have an understanding of testing methodologies.
• Must have experience working as an intermediary between technical and non-technical teams.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Visio).
• Certification: Not required.