Gulf Shores, FL - Relo Assistance Available!
The purpose of this position is to support our mission to help everyone live a longer, happier, and healthier life. Specifically, the Clinical Informaticist will support the four Engines of Success that include: Internal (to increase level of service performed by employee) – Customer Service (to increase patient, physician, and customer satisfaction) – People (to increase employee satisfaction and lower employee turnover) – Financial (to increase net revenue and to reduce costs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
· Optimizes application usage and workflow efficiency by working with assigned department heads.
· Collaborates with technical and clinical resources, and end users to ensure the EMR system meets the clinical end user needs as well as the organizations clinical and patient care needs.
· Executes specifications that support the design and successful adoption of clinical systems across the organization.
· Works with multidisciplinary teams to optimize patient-centered clinical systems through standardized education and training, change management, and end user support to promote improved quality and process efficiencies through technology.
· Maintains, updates, and develops assigned applications by translating business needs.
· Serves as the subject matter expert on Cerner PowerChart (Ambulatory) clinical application build, maintenance, and projects.
· Participate in Disaster Recovery planning, implementation, and testing.
· To provide outstanding customer service to our clients and maintain positive relationship with other employees and contractors.
· Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment, while displaying a problem solving orientation to issues on a daily basis.
· Troubleshoot identified issues, solve end user problems, enhance and optimize applications.
· Participate in ongoing support and maintenance of existing systems and applications. Perform after-hours maintenance as required.
· Create and maintain detailed technical documentation in regards to enterprise systems and applications.
· Provide on-call coverage as deemed appropriate by management.
· Flexible to complete any assigned task.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Exhibit strong communication skills by pro-actively responding to telephone calls, email, in-person, and automated requests for technical support.
· Identify and escalate production-critical issues to appropriate IT personnel.
· Use ticketing system to log and monitor tickets.
· Participates in projects as deemed appropriate by management.
· Evaluates and corrects issues involving configuration of applications.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Business, Technology, or related field.
· Registered Nurse in the State of Florida.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience required. Prefer 5 or more years of experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Previous experience in Cerner build and maintain preferred or experience as a subject matter expert or working with Cerner AMS.
· Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
· Accurate with good attention to detail.
· Ability to work under own initiative / self-motivated.
· Experience working in a large cross-functional team environment.
· Experience with information technology optimization.
· Dexterity to learn new systems and programs rapidly.
· Must have a working knowledge of the industry. This includes but is not limited to configuration management principles and practices, software development lifecycle, and application security practices.
· Strong understanding of Cerner products and services.
· Must have experience as a Registered Nurse in an inpatient and/or outpatient environment.
· Must have experience in evaluation, testing and validation of new release and upgrade functionality.
· Must have an understanding of testing methodologies.
· Must have experience working as an intermediary between technical and non-technical teams.
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Visio).