We have an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer. You MUST have extensive hands on experience with VPN’s, switches, routers, network gears, etc., and management of the devices.
This is a contract position that will go through the end of 2019.
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the configuration, installation and day-to-day support of the network infrastructure and communications including LAN/WAN systems.
Specific responsibilities include configuration, installation, testing and maintenance of all network related hardware (routers, switches, VPN’s) and software both virtual and physical in a Spine Leaf environment. The environment is primarily a HP switched network with some Cisco hardware.
Additional responsibilities will include participating in capacity planning on the network and evaluating current systems and working on complex problems where analysis of a situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
· Perform network administration functions to include configuration, installations, change control, testing and maintenance of Network hardware.
· Diagnose Layer-2 and Layer-3 data network problems. Recommend solutions to problems and notify management of potential problem areas.
· Research and evaluate hardware and software products related to the network.
· Make recommendations based on technical aspects of the product.
· Implement computing systems and environments from initialization and configuration of network and software, to establishing stable client interfaces and environments.
· Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, and tuning on the network. Keep management informed on resource utilization usage trends.
· Participate in delivering Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives.
· Mentor junior level Network Engineers.
· Perform administrative tasks associated with project management, reporting, technical documentation, and procedures.
· 10+ years of extensive hands on experience with VPN’s, switches, routers, network gears, etc. and management of the devices.
· Experience with VxLan and VMware NSX technologies and developing strategies to implement the technology is a plus.
· Experience with various virtualization technologies (VMware/Zen OS) and multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments is strongly preferred.
· Expert level understanding of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
· Deep understanding of Data Center networks i.e. switch to switch, data center to data center (Redundancy systems).
· Thorough knowledge and working experience in network design and configuration utilizing HP and Cisco’s management tool, including IMC and CLI is strongly preferred.
· Expert level troubleshooting and problem solving skills is required.
· Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and SecOps Engineering teams within the Kanban agile processes.
· Working knowledge of capacity planning and performance monitoring and tuning
· Experience mentoring less experienced Network Engineers.
· Experience with HP hardware and an HP switched network is a strong plus.
· Ability to work with third-party SaaS providers and third party development partners on integrations is a plus.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of project management and implementations along with research skills.