Our client is a leading strategic marketing partner to 1/3 of the nation's largest consumer brands and retailers. An interim Vice President/ Head of Information Technology is needed to supplement the existing leadership team who will be working on a client engagement for 12 months. The Vice President of Information Technology will lead and manage a team of 6 on a daily basis to monitor network, system and service performance and actively encourage a customer-centric engaged effort. He or she is an active participant in the strategic road map for all required technology solutions and will effectively coordinate and communicate key technology priorities as defined by leadership. The right candidate will be not only strategic, but hands-on when needed pitching in from server moves to troubleshooting if need be. Ideally, a candidate would come from a similar sized company or similar industry.
The VP of IT is responsible for the company’s technology environment and leads the use and application of technology across multiple geographic locations, including all technology solution implementation, and management and oversight of IT Support Services. Primary duties include deploying effective technology solutions that have been proven effective across the enterprise, as well as investigating the opportunity to look beyond known options.
Additionally, you will:
· Play an integral role to the leadership team providing Strategic IT direction and execution on key organizational objectives.
· Able to advise leadership clearly on issues relevant to overall strategy and potential risks
· Translate the company vision into IT systems and procedures, articulating this critical link to the company stakeholders via the overall multi-year technology road map designed to meet or exceed the customer's and Leadership's expectations
· Own Overall Management and status updating on technology and services projects
· Ensure proactive Project Management by forecasting upcoming issues, constraints, etc.
· Manage Resource and Staff Sourcing from IT and other external vendors
· Lead Contract Negotiations for all IT vendors with guidance from leadership
· Lead Issue resolution activities as well as overall communication with parts of the organization as to the action items being addressed
· Oversee the development of IT infrastructure & operations to ensure key business strategies and processes are supported by systems enabling enterprise growth and flexibility.
· Protect the company and its operations against IT risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, and poor service levels.
· Responsible for guiding the IT budgeting process and effectively managing the budget throughout the year for IT
· Responsible for overall technology Vendor Management
· Responsible for the development and utilization of metrics to measure productivity and effective operational processes
Responsible for meeting the IT compliance requirements and service level agreements with internal and external customers such as uptime of websites, load errors, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Information Systems or relevant field strongly preferred
· Ten (10) years of proven and comprehensive information systems/technology experience; digital or marketing agency experience a plus
· Five (5) years of senior supervisory experience in information technology (Senior Manager, Director, or VP)
· Demonstrable record of delivering strong operating results including the ability to grow revenues, meet budgets, measure and improve outcomes and take appropriate business risks to achieve goals
· Prior experience as the IT Leader in an organization with the daily operational accountability and reporting to leadership
· Ability to foster and drive a strong-service oriented mentality within your team
· Ability to prioritize and execute in a dynamic fast-paced environment
· Willingness to travel up to 30% nationwide, as needed