We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Security Engineer/Architect to join our client's dynamic team. This is a full time, permanent position. You will be working for an established, well known client with an excellent reputation in the industry that offers a great benefits package to include:
Robust and comprehensive healthcare package including dental, vision, prescriptions and more.
Matching 401k plan and more
Professional Development including Training
Generous time off package
If you meet the requirements and are interested in the role please apply!
***THIS IS A
DIRECT HIRE POSITION SO PLEASE NO 3RD PARTIES, SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE***
The Senior Security Engineer/Architect is a member of the Information Security team working across the company to assist with security architecture, security strategy, security best practices, and technology solutions to address existing and emerging security issues. This includes program improvements, new technologies, and third party services. The Senior Security Analyst will be directly involved in projects where integration with systems, vendor services, and other factors have security considerations The Senior Security Engineer/Architect is also responsible for providing security-related subject matter expertise around a wide range of technologies and business initiatives.
The ideal candidate is someone who has spent a lot of hands-on time in security programs, in various roles, and can bring a strategic level of thinking mixed with technical knowledge for advisement. You will have had various security roles and the hands-on experience with security tools and can speak the technical details when working with technical staff and non-technical when working with the business units.
Ideally, you will have started in IT (i.e. system admin/network admin) moved into security operations as an analyst, have most likely performed network and/or web application penetration testing and is now a senior analyst or team lead and looking to move into a security architecture role.
Your technical skillset will allow you to assist with information security strategy and focus on the technical aspects of initiatives and projects. As such, you may potentially lead some projects, which require a high level of technical knowledge.
· Recommend, design, and implement proof-of-concepts and architectural prototypes as required to support the enterprise business and technology initiatives.
· Develop architecture, strategies, standards and guidelines for technologies and solutions from a Cyber security perspective.
· Review technical security designs and solutions.
· Deliver security architecture, application security, design and engineering services with a specific focus on the security controls based on risk.
· Develop security strategies and develop guidance documentation that drives the strategy.
· Act as the subject matter expert (SME) and provides support and analysis during and after security events as needed.
· Provide security controls, processes and technical advisory support to business units and projects by working cross-functionally to develop and implement strategies that balance security recommendations with business needs.
· Act as security advisor utilizing current information security technology disciplines and industry standards to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets.
· Evaluate new and emerging security technologies and platforms for potential suitability in the company's environment.
· Contribute to the development of security policies, security standards, and risk governance processes.
· Act as a thought leader on information security operations tools.
· Participate in security governance activities adhering to industry standards, and security policies.
· Partner with business units to ensure that the Information Security best practice are embedded into projects.
· Participate in IT security vendor selection activities, including review of SSAE16 documentation, penetration testing reports and vendor scorecards.
· One or more Security certifications (i.e. CISSP, CCSP, CCNA, CISM, CRISC, SANS GIAC) or equivalent education.
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience or a Master’s degree in Information Security with 5 year’s experience in Network Engineering, Information Security, or similar area.
· Must have extensive experience with Security tools i.e. intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus solutions, log management, SIEM, etc.
· Proven knowledge of and experience with information security, application security, and network architecture.
· Knowledge of and experience with application security including API security including confidentiality, integrity, authentication, and authorization.
· Experience working with regulatory frameworks.
· Demonstrated excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to communicate technical information to individuals without using technical jargon.
· Must be able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete information.
· Ability to understand and learn emerging technologies is a must.
· Excellent communication, teamwork, and facilitation skills.
· Self-directed, proactive, and vision-oriented.
· Ability to lead, persuades, motivates and mentors individuals.